Monday, June 23, 2008

R.I.P. George Carlin May 12, 1937- June 22, 2008

"Let Evel Knievel get ON the plane - I'm getting IN the plane!"

May you spend some quality time with the invisible man in the sky, or whoever it is you are discussing your post-death situation with right now. I shall even shed a few tears for you every once in a while, when nobody's looking. And here, just for y'all 's education, is G.C.'s list of "filthy" words you can't say in the public media, at least in the U.S. of A.:
"Sh*t, P*ss, F*ck, C*nt, C*cksucker, Motherf*cker, T*ts."
Thank you.

P.S.: Slightly modified to protect the innocent.
P.P.S.: While I usually do not encourage usage of said words in public, I keep pointing out to my classes that QUOTING somebody else is perfectly alright and an expression of your right to free speech, as long as you mark it as a quote. Which I've done. So, sue me ;)
P.P.P.S: Here's what director Kevin Smith has to say about the "god who cussed", once again reminding us that 'there are no such things as bad words'

No comments: